What others are saying
Michael has been a speaker and influence in our company’s culture with his insight, training, and coaching. My team and I have walked away from his talks with many thought provoking questions that have caused us to care and be more passionate about the Disability Rights movement and supporting this community. Michael has the ability to challenge our thinking in a way we would have never considered and we continue to invite his wisdom to our discussions about inclusion and quality of life. -Mary Grace Lagasca Owner InJoy Life Services
[Mike] was instrumental in coaching our board to forming a legitimate 501 (c)3 and establishing a new set of bylaws for our conference. His insight and experience helped us know we were on the right track and his diligence and foresight kept us on it. -Tobias Haglund, Director, East County Young Life
Dr. Michael Hoggatt is an ally to individuals with disabilities. His passion and dedication to strengthening community ties and building relationships is seen throughout his career, life, and faith. He works alongside people with and without disabilities and considers himself a bridge to inclusion in both collegial engagement and community life. -Stacy Eldred, Coordinator, Occupational And Academic Skills for Independence & Success (OASIS) at Saddleback College.
Mike has a way of helping people expand their thinking about disability. Through Mike’s consulting and coaching, I have not only learned strategies to provide my church with quality disability ministry, but more importantly have received the tools to think philosophically and theologically about disability ministry. It is these tools that are helping shift the culture of my church towards true belonging. – Melissa Brosch (Disability Pastor, Calvary Church of Santa Ana)
We work alongside many individuals and organizations, but we specialize in the following:
Church Ministries, including, Disability Ministries
Non-Profits or Service Organizations
Individuals and Families
Parent and Civic Groups
What we offer
We are able to provide brief talks, individual consultations, as well as half and full day workshops and/or training events on the following topics (however we are always happy to engage with you to ensure that we are addressing the needs in your organization):
- Awareness training for groups, churches, organizations, or businesses looking to develop a better understanding of the needs of families and individuals impacted by disability or the US foster care system.
- Organizational Architecture for you new or growing non-profit or service organization including the development of Bylaws, Employee Handbooks, and organizational structure.
- Strategic planning for your ministry, non-profit, or service organization to pursue your mission more effectively.
- Advocacy & Education for you and your family as you navigate Special Education, Regional Center, or the foster care system.
- Staff/Volunteer Training for your ministry or organization tailored to meet your specific needs, including maintaining CCL compliance.
- Sexual Education training for Adults with Intellectual Disabilities, Staff who work alongside Adults with Intellectual Disabilities, or Parents/Caregivers of Adults with Intellectual Disabilities.
- Professional mentoring and coaching